Home Selling Articles and Advice
If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you’re caught up in a mass of emotions. You may be looking forward to moving up to a new home or facing the uncertainty of a major move across country. You may be reluctant to leave your memories behind or eager to start new and exciting adventures. Remember, I am here to help you with any of your needs. Call or e-mail me today!
Getting Your House Ready to Sell
- Introduction: Emotion vs. Reason
- De-Personalizing the House
- Removing Clutter, Though You May Not Think of it as Clutter
- Fixing Up the House Interior
- Fixing up Outside the House
Want to Start Off With a High Sales Price? Beware!
- Meeting with Real Estate Professionals
- Which Real Estate Professional Do You Choose?
- What Happens Behind the Scenes
- Dropping Your Price…Too Late?
Types of Listing Contracts
Details of a Listing Contract
- Price and Terms of Sale
- Lockbox – Yes or No?
- Real Estate Commission
- Multiple Listing Service
- Agency Duties of a Listing Agent
- Resolution of Disputes
Listing Commissions and Related Issues
- Is the Commission Negotiable?
- How and When the Commission is Earned
- “Hot” Market Under-Pricing Strategy – Commission Issues
The Listing Agent & Marketing Your Home
- The “Real” Role of a Listing Agent
- Preliminary Marketing – the “For Sale” Sign
- Preliminary Marketing – Flyers and the Brochure Box
The Listing Agent – Marketing Your House to Other Agents
- The Multiple Listing Service
- Office Preview
- Broker Previews and Culinary Delights
- Office Flyers
- Marketing Sessions
The Listing Agent – Marketing Your House to Homebuyers
- The Purpose of Advertising in General
- Real Estate Company Advertising
- Individual Agent Advertising
- Neighborhood Announcements
- Open Houses
Showing Your House to Home Buyers
- Convenience and Availability
- Why You Should Not Be Home
- Lighting, Fragrances, Pet Control and More
- Keeping the House Tidy and Neat
All articles © 2000 RealEstate ABC
No articles may be reprinted or displayed without permission.
What is your home worth in today’s market? I will furnish you with a FREE Comparative Market Analysis on your home! No obligation, of course.
Please complete the following information which will be used to prepare a report detailing all current real estate listings and recent sales activity in your neighborhood.
By submitting this form with your telephone number you are consenting for Brooke DeVries and all authorized representatives to contact you even if your name is on a Federal or State “Do not call List”.
Thank you for submitting your information. I will be in contact with you by phone or email.
Return to: Corvallis MT Real Estate